The increasing numbers of MUOnLine classes, distance education programs, and Internet courses presents a growing demand for examination proctoring. In effort to serve the student body and to maintain the integrity of the testing environment, MU Libraries has developed the following policy.
- The library does not have a formal proctoring service.
- Staff will not be available for proctoring services during their normal working schedule because this practice detracts from staff membersí job duties and/or their ability to carefully monitor studentsí examination.
- Staff members who are willing to proctor examinations on an informal basis can do that on their own time. MU Libraries are not liable for such proctoring activity.
- Staff members may refer students and patrons requesting exam proctoring to other appropriate offices including
- Disabled Student Services
- External Services (Cabell County Public Library)
Composed by the MU Reference Team, 10/21/05