International Applicants must follow both the specified requirements of the Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program and of the Marshall University Admissions Office. Before applying, please thoroughly read through all of the requirements.
Ph.D. applications should be complete by January 15th.
Note: The completed application, application fee, official transcripts, official GRE scores, proof of English language proficiency, and the financial affidavit should be received in the Admissions Office by January 15th in order for the application to be considered by the Program. Letters of recommendation and personal statements should be received in the BMS Office by January 15th in order for the application to be considered complete and for an admission decision to be rendered. Applications completed very soon after the stated deadline may be considered at the discretion of the BMS Graduate Studies Committee.
102 Old Main
One John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV, USA 25755
Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program Application Requirements and Points of Emphasis
International applicants to our program must have all of the following submitted through the Admissions Office:
- Application and application fee
The application fee for all international students is $150.
- Official transcript(s)
Transcripts must be in the original language, accompanied by a certified English translation, and contain ALL college or university academic credits and grades. The transcripts must be sent directly to the Marshall University Admissions office by the Registrar or equivalent at institution that you attended. Course-by-course evaluations of your transcript(s) will be completed by Marshall University Admissions.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
All international applicants must submit proof of English language proficiency. See the Graduate College’s International Admissions webpage for guidelines. Please note that we cannot waive this requirement for any international applicant, and that the BMS Graduate Program does not admit conditionally.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
We require GRE General Test scores. Marshall’s institution code is 5396. No department code is necessary. (Note: Scores may not be more than three (3) years old at the application deadline for the Ph.D. program.)
The following supplemental materials should be sent directly to the Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program (address below):
- Three letters of recommendation from references familiar with the applicant’s relevant academic/professional performance. Letters may be mailed directly from the writer, or they may be scanned and e-mailed as an attachment. All letters must be sent by the writer, signed and on official letterhead (including e-mailed attachments).
- Written statement – Your statement should include, but not be limited to, your educational and career goals, research experience, and why you are applying to Marshall’s Biomedical Sciences, Ph.D. program. Statements may be mailed directly or e-mailed as attachments.
Diana R. Maue
Graduate Recruitment and Communication Coordinator
Phone: (304) 696-3365
Graduate College and International Admission’s Application Requirements
- For a full list of international requirements, please consult the Graduate College’s International Admissions webpage.
- To apply online, use the following link: Apply for International Graduate Study
- Please note that applications completing the international requirements without the program requirements will not be reviewed. You must fulfill both the international admission requirements and the BMS Graduate Program requirements in order to apply.
International Admission Questions?
Contact Ms. Robyn R. Messenger at firstname.lastname@example.org.