International Applicants must follow both the specified requirements of the Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program and of the Marshall University Admissions Office. Before applying, please thoroughly read through the requirements of both programs.
Please note: IF YOU ARE AN INTERNATIONAL APPLICANT, ALL APPLICATION MATERIALS MUST GO THROUGH THE ADMISSIONS OFFICE.
Ph.D. applications must be complete by January 15th.
102 Old Main
One John Marshall Drive
Huntington, WV, USA 25755
Biomedical Sciences Graduate Program Application Requirements and Points of Emphasis
International applicants to our program must have all of the following submitted through the Admissions Office:
- Application fee
The application fee for all international students is $100.
- Official course-by-course evaluation
An evaluation must be sent for each transcript from all institutions you have attended/are attending. For assistance, please consult this list of commonly used agencies.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
All international applicants must submit proof of English language proficiency. See the Graduate College’s International Admissions webpage for guidelines. Please note that we cannot waive this requirement for any international applicant, and that the BMS Graduate Program does not admit conditionally.
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
We require GRE General Test scores. Marshall’s institution code is 5396. No department code is necessary. (Note: Scores may not be more than three (3) years old at the application deadline for the Ph.D. program.)
- Three letters of recommendation from references familiar with the applicant’s relevant academic/professional performance. Letters must be on official letterhead, signed, and sent directly from the writer.
- Written statement – Your statement should include, but not be limited to, your educational and career goals, research experience, and why you are applying to Marshall’s Biomedical Sciences, Ph.D. Program.
Graduate College and International Admission’s Application Requirements
- For a full list of international requirements, please consult the Graduate College’s International Admissions webpage.
- To apply online, use the following link: Apply for International Graduate Study
- Please note that applications completing the international requirements without the program requirements will not be reviewed. You must fulfill both the international admission requirements and the BMS Graduate Program requirements in order to apply.
International Admission Questions?
Contact Ms. Robyn R. Messenger at firstname.lastname@example.org.