Campus Christian Center


Campus Christian Center, completed in 1961 on Fifth Avenue beside the Memorial Student Center, is privately owned and operated by a corporation, whose Board of Directors is elected by nine Christian denominations. No state funds were involved in its construction.The building contains a chapel, conference rooms, fellowship hall and kitchen, lounge, office space for campus ministers, workshop rooms, and the Stewart H. Smith religious library, named to honor the President (1946 to 1968) of Marshall College and then Marshall University.