Holderby Hall


Built in 1963 on Fifth Avenue as South Hall to house male students, Holderby Hall was enlarged in 1969 to become a nine-story coed residence with men in the east wing and women in the west wing.In 1980, it was renamed in honor of James Holderby, who in 1837 sold one and one-fourth acres of his farm to establish Marshall Academy.

The building features Quiet Floors on the seventh and eighth floors, and the eighth floor is a special Academic Community Environment which helps students maintain or improve their academic performance.

Living areas on the ground level floor offer additional special facilities for physically challenged male residents.

Residence Services is located on the first floor.