The future condition of an economy, whether local, state or federal, is an essential consideration in the decision making process for both public and private entities. CBER utilizes many economic indicators to aid in the development of statistical models involving short and/or long term projections.
- The Consumer Price Index (CPI)
- Gross Domestic Product (GDP)
- Labor Productivity
- Labor Force Statistics
- Tax collections and valuations
- Producer Price Index (PPI)
Economic and financial forecasting remains an important decision-making tool for businesses and governments as they formulate financial strategy and policy.
- Estimating Short-Term Lock Traffic Forecasts for Ohio River System (ORS) Navigation (2010)
- Creation of West Virginia Parkways Authority by the WVDOT: 2009 Traffic and Toll Revenue Forecasts (2009)
- Business and Occupation Tax Revenue Forecasts: Huntington, West Virginia (2002)
- A Forecast of Economic Activity: Selected Industries in West Virginia’s Workforce Investment Region 1 (2002)