- The Spirit of the Coalfields Award - Individuals, groups, or organizations that have overcome events to succeed. We are honoring them for their efforts to excel, overcome, and reach new heights and always reminding us of the true spirit of the West Virginia Coalfields.
Awarded to: Landau Eugene Murphy, Jr
- The Homer Hickam Collier Award – The ‘Collier’, the name originally used for those working at the coalface, nowadays, the term 'Coal Miner' is more commonly used. The award is for an individual or small group whose body of work epitomizes the spirit, dedication and skills of the Collier and symbolizes the coal mining traditions, culture and family.
Awarded to: Jasper Sugg
Title/Affiliation: Maintenance Foreman / Electrician for Independence Coal
- Management Professional – An individual or small group that exemplifies innovation and leadership in on-site management, production, safety, transportation, maintenance.
Awarded to: Gary White
Title/Affiliation: Interim President Marshall University
- Outstanding Innovation - Manufacturer or supplier, an individual or small group that is innovative and makes a significant contribution to overall productivity and safety.
Awarded to: J.H. Fletcher & Co.
- Community Investment – An individual or group that channels investment and assistance back to coalfield communities.
Awarded to: Diana Barnette
Title/Affiliation: Owner / Vice President Mining Repair Specialists, Inc.
- Community Involvement – An individual or group that shows leadership and commitment to outreach, community education and involvement.
Awarded to: CEDAR of Southern West Virginia
- Safety Professional – An individual or small group that makes a significant contribution to coal miner safety, safety innovation and implementation.
Awarded to:Gary Frampton
Title/Affiliation: Director of Administration, Running Right Leadership Academy, Alpha Natural Resources
- Environmental Professional – An individual or small group that makes a significant contribution to the protection and stewardship of the environment through innovation and management practices.
Awarded to: Mike Castle
Title/Affiliation: President, Strategic Solutions LLC
- Women In Mining – An individual or small group that shows leadership in the expansion of the role of women in the coal industry.
Awarded to: Sandi Davison
Title/Affiliation: Assistant to the President, West Virginia Coal Association
- Educator of the Year – An individual professional educator (at any level) who shows innovation in education and/or training program development related to the mining industry.
Awarded to: Helen Southall
Title/Affiliation: Teacher (2nd Grade) previously at Burch Elementary now at Marmet Elementary in Kanawha County
- Engineering Professional – Guides mining projects entire process, from the beginning through design, permitting and development or an engineering professional who provides services related to permitting and specialized design.
Awarded to: Terry Potter
Title/Affiliation: Engineering Manager Coal Mac Incorporated