Priyadarshini Dasgupta, MS, ScD
Office number: 304/696-5656
University of Massachusetts Lowell Ergonomics& Safety Sc.D. 2014
Universite de Technologie de Compiegne Biomech& Biomed Engr M.S. 2007
University of Calcutta Physiology (Specialty Ergo) M.Sc. 2002
University of Calcutta Physiology B.Sc. 2000
- Worked as an intern at R&D division of an automobile company in France to find out best way of presenting an auditory or visual signal to the drivers.
- Worked as an intern at Regional Medical Center in Iowa to prepare disaster emergency plan.
Dr. Dasgupta conducts intervention research to implement feasible and sustainable solutions in order to reduce ergonomic and safety hazards primarily at construction and healthcare industry. She is designing feasibility studies in order to evaluate efficacy and effectiveness of the interventions by pre post exposure assessment and outcome measurement.
Significant Funded Research Projects:
Harvard-NIOSH Education and Research Center 2010 – 2011
Grant Title : Participatory Action Research Approach to Solve Problems Associated with Drywall Handling Task
Role : Co-investigator/Trainee
- Dasgupta PS., Fulmer S., Jing X., Punnett L., Kuhn S., Buchholz B. Assessing the Ergonomic Exposures for Drywall Workers, International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics. 2014; 44(2): 307-315.
- Dasgupta PS., Laura P., Susan M., Sarah K., Buchholz B. Drywall Installers’ Innovative Ideas for Reducing the Physical Ergonomic Exposures in Drywall Installation. Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Annual Meeting September 2013, 57(1) 989-993.
- Dasgupta PS., Fulmer S., Jing X., Buchholz B. Assessing the Ergonomic Hazards for Piledrivers, Work. 2012; 43(4): 417-425
- Fulmer S., Jing X., Yuan L., Dasgupta PS., Schugardt, Dale AM., Punnett L. and Buchholz B. Biomechanical Risk Factors for Knee Disorders in Carpenters. In: Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society Meeting; 2010, 1224-1228.
- Fulmer S., Jing X., Yuan L., Dasgupta PS., Schugardt, Buchholz B. Development of a Task-exposure Matrix for Carpenters’ Knee Exposures, Sixth International Conference on Innovations in Exposure Assessment, 2009, August 17 – 20, Boston, MA.
Professional Memberships and Activities:
Honors and awards:
- NIOSH grant (through Department of Work Environment, UMass Lowell) given as an award to complete doctoral research project 2011-2012
- Richard Buckley Doctoral Scholarship Award, American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), 2013 (Chicago main branch ASSE)
- Greater Boston Chapter Leadership Award, ASSE 2013
- Norman LaMontagne Scholarship Award, ASSE Greater Boston Chapter (ASSE GBC ) 2012
- Norman LaMontagne Scholarship Award, ASSE GBC 2011
- Ferdinand Scroth Scholarship Award, ASSE GBC 2010
- Professional Development Award, Graduate Students Association, UMass Lowell 2010
- Rank 1st for Ergonomics stream, University College of Science and Technology, Calcutta, India 2002
- Rank 2nd for Physiology Honors exam at Rammohan College, Calcutta, India