Sanghoon Lee, Ph.D.
Division: Computer Science
Office: WAEC 3001
Dr. Sanghoon Lee joined the Weisberg Division of Computer Science at Marshall University in 2019 as an assistant professor. He is highly motivated to pursue the multidisciplinary research career. He was a Brain & Behavior fellow in Neuroscience Institute and was a Second Century Initiative Presidential Fellow at Georgia State University. He worked as an information analyst and a postdoctoral fellow at Emory University School of Medicine for 3 years. He currently serves as a member of the Digital Pathology Association, a TPC member of ACM Research in Adaptive and Convergent Systems and a reviewer for some articles from Nature scientific report and IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics.
- Ph.D. Georgia State University, 2016
- MS. Georgia State University, 2014
- MS. University of Suwon, 2006
- BS. University of Suwon, 2004
Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Structures and Algorithms, Automata and Formal Languages, Windows Programming Languages, Unix Programming Languages, Python, and Bioinformatics.
Research Interest, Grant, and Recent Publication
- Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Mining, Artificial Intelligence, Bioinformatics.
- S. Shim and S. Lee, Cross-disciplinary Research Facilitation Grant 2019, $1000
- S. Lee, Google Cloud Platform Research Grant 2019, $5000
- S. Lee, QWIKLabs Training Grant 2019, $200
- S. Lee, Dissertation Grant, Georgia State University 2016, $2000
- Papers (10 most recent publications)
- S. Lee, M. Amgad, M, Masoud, R. Subramanian, D. Gutman and L. Cooper, "An Ensemble-based Active Learning for Breast Cancer Classification," IEEE BIBM Workshop, San Diego, USA, 2019.
- Y. Zhao, S. Belkasim, A. Arteta and S. Lee, "The Stability and Noise Tolerance of Cartesian Zernike Moments Invariants," Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, Springer, vol 29, no 3, 2019.
- D. Chittajallu , N. Siekierski, S. Lee, S. Gerber, J. Beezley, D. Manthey, D. Gutman and L. Cooper, "Vectorized Persistent Homology Representations for Characterizing Glandular Architecture in Histology Images," IEEE ISBI, Washington, D. C. , USA, 2018.
- M. Nalisnik, M. Amgad, S. Lee, S. H. Halani, J. V. Vega, D. J. Brat, D. A. Gutman, L. A. D. Cooper. "Interactive Phenotyping Of Large-Scale Histology Imaging Data With HistomicsML," Sci Rep. 2017 Nov 6;7(1):14588. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-15092-3 (Impact Factor: 4.12)
- A. Abeshouse, … , S. Lee, …, E. Zumda, The Cancer Genome Atlas Research Network, "Comprehensive and integrated genomic characterization of adult soft tissue sarcomas," Cell. 2017 Nov 2;171(4):950-965.e28. doi: 10.1016/j.cell.2017.10.014 (Impact Factor: 31.39)
- D.A. Gutman, M. Khalilia , S. Lee, M. Nalisnik , Z. Mullen , J. Beezley, D. Chittajallu, D. Manthey, L.A.D. Cooper, "The Digital Slide Archive: A Software Platform for Management, Integration and Analysis of Histology for Cancer Research," Cancer Res. 2017 Nov 1;77(21):e75-e78. doi: 10.1158/0008-5472.CAN-17-0629. (Impact Factor: 9.13)
- J. Goldstein, S. Lee, J. Jordan, D. L Jaye, C. Flowers, L. Cooper, "Utilizing Digital Pathology Informatics Algorithms for Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma Subtyping", Blood. 2017 Nov. 130:4147 (Impact Factor: 13.16)
- S. Lee, M. Masoud, J. Balaji, S. Belkasim, R. Sunderraman and S. Moon, "A survey of tag-based information retrieval, International Journal of Multimedia Information Retrieval, Springer-Verlag London, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 99 – 113, 2017.
- M. Masoud, S. Lee, M. Eldewir and S. Belkasim, "A Heuristic Approach for Optimizing the Truck Dispatching in Ready Mixed Concrete Industry," International Journal of Simulation , UK Simulation Society, vol. 17, no. 35, 2016.
- M. Masoud, S. Lee and S. Belkasim, "Statistical-Based Image Tagging," in Proceedings of IEEE/WIC/ACM WI, pp. 610 – 613, Nebraska, USA, 2016.
- IEEE Computer Society Technical Committee, Computational Life Sciences 2019
- Member, Korean American Scientists and Engineers Association 2019
- Technical Program Committee Member, ACM RACS 2018, 2019
- Reviewer, Nature Scientific Report 2019
- Member, Digital Pathology Association (DPA) 2019
- Reviewer, IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics 2018
- Reviewer, ACM RACS 2016, 2017
Personal Home Page
- Please visit https://sites.google.com/view/sanghoon-lee