Cong Pu, Ph.D.
Division: Computer Science
Office: WAEC 3109
Dr. Cong Pu joined the Weisberg Division of Computer Science at Marshall University in 2017 as an assistant professor. For more information about him please visit: https://sites.google.com/site/congputh
- Ph.D., Computer Science, Texas Tech University, 2016
- M.S., Computer Science, Texas Tech University, 2013
- B.S., Computer Science and Technology, Zhengzhou University, 2009
Cybersecurity, Programming Language, Database, Algorithm.
Research Interest, Grant, and Recent Publication
- Research Interest
- Wireless Networks & Mobile Computing, Network Attacks and Defenses, and Information-Centric Networking
- NASA West Virginia Space Grant Consortium Research Initiation Grant ($9,200), NASA West Virginia Space Grant Consortium, 2018
- John Marshall University Summer Scholars Awards Grant (appx. $6,500), Marshall University, 2018
- Recent Publications (10 most recent publications)
- Byungkwan Jung, Sunho Lim, Jinseok Chae, Cong Pu, and Manki Min, “MQry: Elastic Validity Region for Querying Mobile Point-of-Interests in Infrastructure-less Networks,” IEEE Systems Journal, pp. 1–10, 2019, DOI: 10.1109/JSYST.2019.2929559.
- Bryan Groves and Cong Pu, “A Gini Index-Based Countermeasure Against Sybil Attack in the Internet of Things,” IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM), pp. 672-677, 2019.
- Cong Pu, “Stochastic Packet Forwarding Algorithm in Flying Ad Hoc Networks,” IEEE Military Communications Conference (MILCOM), pp. 480-485, 2019.
- Cong Pu and Logan Carpenter, “To Route or To Ferry: A Hybrid Packet Forwarding Algorithm in Flying Ad Hoc Networks,” IEEE International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA), pp. 367-375, 2019.
- Cong Pu and Logan Carpenter, “Digital Signature Based Countermeasure Against Puppet Attack in the Internet of Things,” IEEE International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA), pp. 189-192, 2019.
- Cong Pu, Nathaniel Payne, and Jacqueline Brown, “Self-Adjusting Share-Based Countermeasure to Interest Flooding Attack in Named Data Networking,” IEEE International Conference on Cyber Physical and Social Computing (CPSCom), 2019, pp. 142-147.
- Cong Pu and Bryan Groves, “Energy Depletion Attack in Low Power and Lossy Networks: Analysis and Defenses,” International Conference on Data Intelligence and Security (ICDIS), 2019, pp. 14-21. (Best Paper Award)
- Cong Pu, “Spam DIS Attack Against Routing Protocol in the Internet of Things,” IEEE International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communication (ICNC), 2019, pp. 73-77.
- Cong Pu and Xitong Zhou, “RescueMe: Smartphone-Based Self Rescue System for Disaster Rescue,” IEEE Computing and Communication Workshop and Conference (CCWC), 2019, pp. 0832-0837.
- Cong Pu “Energy Depletion Attack Against Routing Protocol in the Internet of Things,” IEEE Consumer Communications & Networking Conference (CCNC), 2019, pp. 1-4.
- Associate Editor, IEEE Access Journal
- Associate Editor, Journal of Computer Networks and Communications
- Associate Editor, International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks
Personal Home Page
- Please visit https://sites.google.com/site/congputh