Students have the option of taking classes at another institution and transferring them back to Marshall. This is especially beneficial to students during the summer terms when you might want to go back home and want to take classes at a local college/university.

If you want to take classes at another school, you must fill out a transient student form (Approval for Courses to be Taken for Advanced Standing). This form must be approved before you begin the course at the other school. This form is your protection from taking unnecessary courses and from being considered a transfer student when you return to Marshall.