How do I apply for ADMI 4 status?
To apply for ADMI 4 status come to the SCoPES office and fill out an application.  There are a few requirements that must be met before ADMI 4 status is possible.  You must have achieved a grade of C or better in EDF 218/270.  One must have an overall and Marshall GPA of 2.7 or 2.8 depending on your catalog year, and have passed all three parts of the Praxis CORE exam.

A PDF copy of the Admi 4 Application can be obtained by following the link. Please download and print, fill out the application, and return it to the SCoPES office.

How do I apply for ADMI 5 status?

  • Applications can be completed in The  SCoPES office in JH 225
  • You must have completed a minimum of 12 hours of Professional Core courses
  • You must have a minimum of 2.7 GPA overall, at Marshall, and Teaching Specialization and Professional Education Care

Application for Admi 5 can be found here

What is the Praxis Exam?
The Praxis CORE I is the exam that must be taken to qualify a candidates entry into the Teacher Education program.  It measures basic skills in Reading, Writing and Math.  The Praxis II measures knowledge of specific subjects that K-12 educators will teach, as well general and subject-specific teaching skills and knowledge.
Do I have to take the Praxis Exam and when should I take it?

Students in the College of Education and Professional Development must take both Praxis exams and pass them to complete the program and become a certified teacher.  You are exempt from the Praxis CORE I Exam if you scored a 26 or better on the ACT or at least 1170 on the SAT.

You can take the Praxis CORE Exam any time however, to be fully admitted to the Teacher Education Program you must pass all three parts of the Praxis CORE exam.  In order to graduate in a timely fashion, you should take the exam no later than your sophomore year.

How do I find out the name of my academic advisor?
To find the name of your academic advisor please visit myMU, or contact the SCoPES office at 304-696-2861.
How and when do I apply for graduation?
Graduation applications are available in the SCoPES office in Jenkins Hall 225.  There is a deadline each semester for filing your graduation application with the Certification Specialist.  Those deadlines can be located in the University Academic Calendar.  A fee of $50 must be paid in the Bursar’s office by the deadline to have your name added to the potential list of graduates.
How do I change my major or add an endorsement (minor)?
Changing your major or adding an endorsement (minor) can be done by filling out a form in the SCoPES office.
Can I D/F repeat a course?
Yes, as long as the course is within your first 60 attempted credit hours.  The original grade will be replaced with the new grade. Stop by the  SCoPES office and fill out a D/F repeat form.
What is my catalog year?
Your catalog year is the one in effect at the time you declare your major, after which you have ten years to complete your program.  If you decide to change your major within the College of Education and Professional development your catalog year remains the same.  If you transfer to another college you are governed by the catalog in effect at the time of change.