The College of Education and Professional Development Information Technology Support Team, headed by Albert Simon, IT Consulant, Sr., provides high-end customer support including, but not limited to hardware and software installations, oversight of Jenkins Hall classroom technology, troubleshooting, specialized software support, peripheral support, equipment consultation, professional development training and general maintenance. We provide onsite-support to faculty and staff on the Huntington campus.
- Each time you contact us for assistance or information, use the university’s online management system, Footprints. The system is used to record information about your request and track its resolution.
- Requests or information regarding technology in the classrooms can be submitted via the Footprints system.
- When submitting a request, provide as much information as possible in the description of the issue. Include details such as the name of the program being used or error messages received.
- Each problem submitted will be assigned a Ticket Number. Use this number if you request a status update at any time during the resolution process.
- You will receive an e-mail message, which will include the Ticket Number, upon submitting your request. You will receive subsequent e-mail messages throughout the resolution process.
- If additional information is needed at any point during the process or an appointment needs to be scheduled, you will be contacted via telephone.
Attention First Time Users: Please read through this entire page before attempting to submit a ticket.
Call Us!: Telephone Management System
- You may encounter situations which will prevent you from using the online management system. If this is the case, call us at 304-696-6761, during normal working hours. (Monday-Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM) Calls received during non-working hours will be processed in the order in which they were received.
Examples of issues needing direct telephone support
- Computer/Workstation will not turn on
- Computer/Workstation is not receiving a network connection (Unable to access the Internet, Exchange E-mail, V Drive or Cloud Storage)
- A serious virus has infected your machine