CIEC 560 Social Networking for Teachers and Students
Social Networking has become a popular method for communicating and sharing information in online groups via the Internet and other technologies. In addition to personal use, Social Networking can also be used for educational purposes. The purpose of this course is to introduce teachers to a variety of social networking tools, including blogs, wikis, Twitter, social bookmarking, and cloud storage. Teachers will be provided information on each of the social networking tools, learn how to use them then work individually and collaboratively to formulate ideas for implementing social networking tools in the classroom in order to facilitate learning and the use of technology.
- Define and describe social networking including wikis, blogs, cloud storage, Twitter and social bookmarking.
- Create accounts with and use Twitter, Delicious, Portaportal and Google Drive, PB Works and Edublogs.
- Create teaching and learning projects utilizing the social networking tools described in objective 2.
- Evaluate the types of social networking for their usefulness in an educational setting, including your own classroom.
- Develop and discuss ideas for implementing social networking in the P-12 classroom.
- Review and analyze literature regarding the use of social networking in the P-12 classroom.
- Registration is open and will continue until March 10, 2014
- All registration material, including fees, must be received by 4:00 p.m. on March 10, 2014
- The course will be available online beginning February 17, 2014
- All course work must be completed by May 2, 2014
- Enrollment is limited
- Tuition cost is $270 per student. All checks/money orders should be made payable to RESA III.
- No credit card payments accepted.
- No refunds of tuition and fees will be made after the last date of registration, March 10, 2014..
- Grades will be reported as Credit/No Credit.
- CIEC560-Registration Form…Print, complete and mail your registration with payment to the address indicated under Payments on the form. Adobe Reader is required to download this file. Get Adobe Reader.
- For additional information please contact Erika Riley - firstname.lastname@example.org or 304.746.8960