Preferred, minimum internship requirements are as follows:
- Overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- GRE score of 285 or higher
- Complete DICAS application as outlined below
The MUDI participates in the online Dietetic Internship Centralized Application System (DICAS). Information regarding the Spring 2014 application is available at http://portal.dicas.org. The online application must be completed by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time on February 15, 2014 for this program. The online application includes submission of transcripts, three letters of recommendation, and a Verification or Intent to Complete Statement. It is recommended that you begin the online application process well in advance of the February deadline to allow time for request, submission, and receipt of these items. The fee to use DICAS is $40 for the first application and $20 for each additional application.
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to: DICAS-Transcript Department, PO Box 9118, Watertown, MA 02472
- When completing the application form, applicants must included the name and contact information (specifically an email address) for each reference. This will trigger an email message requesting completion of a reference form. The form will be completed on-line. Students submitting more than one application will need to use the same individuals as references for each application.
Applicants who apply to internships using DICAS will be asked to complete a personal statement in 1,000 words or less. Questions to be addressed in the personal statement include:
- Why do you want to enter the dietetics profession?
- What are some experiences that have helped to prepare you for your career?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses or areas needing improvement?
Computer matching through the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics is mandatory for intern selection. To participate in computer matching, applicants should complete the online registration and select dietetic internship priority choices by 11:59 PM Central Time on February 15, 2014. Online registration may be completed through D&D Digital at http://www.dnddigital.com. There is a $50.00 fee for computer matching registration. The applicant may request information regarding computer matching from the undergraduate DPD Director or directly from D&D Digital Systems.
Contact Information for D&D Digital Systems
D&D Digital, Inc.
304 Main Street, Suite 301
Ames, IA 50010
The MUDI does not require a separate application fee; however, all applicants must send a copy of their GRE scores to the internship director at the address below. In addition to GRE scores, an applicant's name, permanent address, email address, and telephone number should be included. This information must be postmarked no later than February 15, 2014.
If an applicant is selected for admission to the internship, he or she will receive additional instructions for applying to Marshall University's Graduate College. This process requires payment of an application fee, as well as official copies of all transcripts and GRE scores. The MUDI complies with all graduate admission requirements, which can be found at an a http://muwww-new.marshall.edu/graduate/admissions/admission-requirements-for-degree-seeking-students/. International students must also meet university requirements to enroll in the internship. Information regarding these requirements is located at http://muwww-new.marshall.edu/admissions/international.asp