Per Faculty Senate Recommendation SR-08-09-36R, all instructors (full-time, adjunct/part-time, TA) scheduled to teach a course that carries the “CT” (critical thinking) designation must complete a CT Professional Development Workshop in advance of teaching the course. (Note: Faculty members who have completed the FYS Faculty Development Institute are approved to teach CT courses; no further training is necessary.)
The CTL Faculty Development Office offers one face-to-face workshop and one online workshop per semester. In these workshops, participants modify, or create, a course to meet the CT criteria.
Space in workshops is limited, so register early!
The online workshop consists of seven individual seminars, one per day, and follow-up assignments.
- The next online workshop opens on January 1, 2018, and concludes on January 7, 2018.
- Following the conclusion of the workshop, participants will have two weeks to submit the required documents.
The face-to-face workshop consists of two 1/2 day meetings and follow-up assignments.
- Meeting 1: February 3, 2018 (8:30 am – 12:30 pm | Old Main 109)
- Meeting 2: TBD – The second meeting will be completed in small sub-groups, based on faculty availability, later in the semester.
- Following the conclusion of the second meeting, participants will have approximately two weeks to submit the required documents.
Who Should Participate?
- Faculty who have not previously completed the workshop and are teaching a CT course in the spring of 2018 must complete the online workshop to meet the requirements of SR-08-09-36R.
- Faculty who will be teaching a CT course in the Summer of 2018 or after may complete either workshop to meet the requirements of SR-08-09-36R.