This page is not intended to be a comprehensive listing of University resources; however, we did want to provide you with quick links and contact information for the departments and people that you may need to contact for assistance as you acclimate to Marshall.
- Dr. Gayle L. Ormiston, Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs (x63716)
- Dr. Sherri C. Smith, Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs & Dean of Undergraduate Studies (x62809)
- Dr. David Pittenger, Associate Vice President for Outreach & Dean of Graduate Studies (x62731)
- Dr. Tammy R. Johnson, Director of Admissions (x63151)
Assessment & Program Review – For assistance with creating syllabi and course outcomes
- Dr. Mary Beth Reynolds, Associate Vice President for Assessment and Quality Initiatives (x62987)
- Aaron Goebbel, Associate Athletic Director, External Affairs & Ticketing (x64375)
Bookstore (x63622) – For your shopping needs including books, apparel, gifts, supplies, technology, etc.
Career Services (x62370) – Free career services for students and alumni
- Denise Hogsett, Director (x62248)
Center for African American Students (x66705) – Committed to engendering the highest level of academic success for all African and African American students.
- Maurice Cooley, Associate VP for Intercultural Affairs (x64677)
Center for International Programs (x62465) – Areas of responsibility include International Admissions, assisting international students, the L.E.A.P. program (English as a second language), Study Abroad, and the China Projects (Appalachians Abroad Teach in China).
Center for Teaching and Learning – Consists of three distinct, but related departments: Faculty Development – which provides professional development and recognition for new and experienced faculty members through workshops, conferences, mentoring, faculty awards, and grant opportunities; Writing Across the Curriculum – which supports faculty who wish to develop pedagogies that focus on writing as a means of learning; and Community-Based Learning Program – which assists faculty, students, and community partners in course-specific collaborations that connect learning objectives to public service and civic engagement.
- Dr. Karen L. McComas, Executive Director (x62983)
- Dr. April Fugett, Interim Assistant Director (x65268)
- Ms. Jenny Morgan, Office Administrator (x62206)
Community-Based Learning Program (x66018)
- Dr. Damien Arthur, Director (x62764)
Counseling Center (x63111)
- Carla Lapelle, Associate Dean of Student Affairs (x62269)
Digital Media Services (x62974) – For help with video and streaming video
Disability Services, Office of (x62467) – Provides the educational and physical accessibility support necessary for students
- Stephanie Ballou, Director (x62467)
Emergency Management – This site provides detailed information (SOPs) for how to handle a variety of emergencies.
Facilities Scheduling (x63125) – To reserve rooms for meetings, workshops, and special events
Faculty Senate (x64376) – This site provides minutes and agendas from previous meetings, committee rosters, faculty salary calculation guidelines, grievance procedures, curriculum information and more.
Financial Aid (x63162)
- Kathy Bialk, Director of Student Financial Services (x62281)
Graduate Council – Information related to the Graduate Council, which handles issues such as how to obtain graduate faculty status, graduate programs and graduate curriculum
H.E.L.P. (Higher Education for Learning Problems) Center (x66252) – Provides academic support and instruction to Marshall University students with a diagnosis of Specific Learning Disorder (S.L.D.) and/or Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (A.D.H.D.).
Honors College (x65421) Includes the Honors Program, John Marshall Scholars and Yeager Scholars
Human Resource Services (x66455) – Not to be confused with Payroll, Human Resources Services can assist you with questions about benefits, EEO/AA issues, grievance procedures, staff training, employment searches, etc.
ID Office (x66843) – For questions related to the MU ID card and program
Information Technology (x63201) – For all your IT needs, including Computing Services, Distributed Technology, and University Libraries
Mail Services (x62485) – Mail Services can answer any questions you may have relating to mass mailings, postal rates, shipping guidelines, etc.
Marshall Artists Series (x66656)
MU-Advance (x63715) – The mission of this NSF grant-funded program is, “to increase recruitment and retention of female STEM faculty at Marshall through faculty development initiatives, enhanced recruitment efforts, and improved institutional climate”.
MURC (Marshall University Research Corporation, x66598) – Serves as the fiscal and administrative agent for sponsored research and other projects conducted by Marshall University
Parking & Transportation, Office of (x66406)
- Carolyn O’Lynn, Administrative Manager (x66684)
Parthenon (x62273) – Marshall University newspaper
- Sandy York, Advertising Manager (x62273)
Payroll, Office of (x66488) – Handles payroll processing, direct deposits, tax withholding, name/address/telephone changes.
Physical Plant (x66681) – Place maintenance requests by phone or via the online maintenance request form.
President, Office of the (x63977)
- Dr. Jerry Gilbert, President of Marshall University (x62300)
Printing Services (x66608) – Handles all institutional printing and graphic design needs
Public Safety (x64357) – Use this number to report all emergency and non-emergency public safety issues
Recreation Center (x64732) – A premier fitness facility that offers personal training, group workout sessions, nutrition consultations, equipment rentals, outdoor trips, intramurals and more.
Registrar, Office of the (x66410) – Responsible for student academic record keeping and MyMU functions.
- Sonja Cantrell, Registrar (x62258)
Residence Services, Office of (x62569) – Handles the housing needs for on-campus students
Safety and Health (x63432) – Addresses institutional issues of safety and health
Student Affairs (x66422) – Provides helpful information on a variety of student-related issues
- Cedric Gathings, Vice President of Student Affairs (x66422)
- Carla Lapelle, Associate Dean of Student Affairs (x62269)
- Matt James, Assistant Dean of Student Affairs (x63395)
Student Athlete Program (x66628)
- Jillian Boys, Student Services Specialist (x66834)
Student Resource Center – Offers general academic advising
- Denise Hogsett, Director (x65810)
Study Abroad (x62379)
- Mirek Bialk, Coordinator of Study Abroad & Global Engagement (x62379)
- Marlene Alley, Telecom Network Specialist II (x63699)
Theatre, MU (x62787)
- Sam Kincaid, Box Office Manager (x66395)
Tutoring Services (x63169) – Offered through University College in Laidley Hall
- Sherri Stepp, Director of University College (x67038)
University Communications (x68153) – Assists members of the news media and the university community with services relating to the public image of Marshall University.
Women’s Studies (x62954)
- Dr. Laura Michele Diener, Director (x62954)
- Dr. April Fugett, Director (x65268 or x62776)
Writing Center (x66254) – Staffed with graduate and undergraduate students ready to help at any stage of the writing process.
- Anna Rollins, Director (x66254)