Attention nTelos and Sprint Customers
If you have subscribed to the MU Alert Emergency Notification System and are not receiving SMS text alerts, this could be an issue with your wireless carrier. We have found that in some cases Sprint and nTelos are blocking the SMS short code messages used by MU Alert and other bulk messaging services.
If you signed up to receive MU Alert notifications via SMS and didn't get them you should do the following:
- Review your current MU Alert contact info by logging in to the MyMU portal and clicking on the ‘MU Alert’ icon. If everything is correct then your provider could be blocking bulk SMS messages.
- Contact your cellular service provider and request them to remove the block from your account.
- Or use an option of sending SMS messages to your phone via e-mail. When you sign up or edit your contact information for the MU Alert emergency notification services through MyMU portal you can opt in to receive notifications on two email accounts. Use your secondary email to receive SMS on your phone. Instead of the second email address enter:
- nTelos: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sprint Nextel: email@example.com
- Sprint PCS: firstname.lastname@example.org