Technical Assistant Qualifications
Technical Assistants are carefully selected graduate students currently enrolled in Marshall University’s FEPAC-accredited forensic science program. Each Technical Assistant has met rigorous academic admissions criteria as well as successfully completed a standard Marshall University Background Check prior to participation in this program.
Benefits for participating in the TAP program:
- 3 months of dedicated assistance and specialized service
- Additional assignments can be made; flexibility in assignments
- Customized services to client specifications
- Opportunity to observe intern in work environment prior to hiring
- Crime lab analysts can continue workflow
- Interaction with potential job applicants
DNA Internship TAP requests will be considered as received. Please apply prior to December to receive a Technical Assistant for the following summer.
|June toDecember||Requests received and reviewed|
|August to December||Technical Assistants complete accelerated DNA course at Marshall|
|December||We facilitate university/crime lab conference calls|
|January to May||Technical Assistants receive wet-laboratory specific training prior to internship|
|May||Technical Assistants arrive at your laboratory to begin their 10-12 week project|
|August||Technical Assistants return to Marshall|