About the Marshall University Foundation
The Marshall University Foundation Code of Ethics
- Personal and Professional Behavior - All staff, board members and volunteers
of the Foundation shall conduct themselves in such a manner which will promote
Marshall University and the Foundation in a positive way that furthers the mission
and vision of the Foundation.
- Responsible Stewardship - Prudently manage all assets and resources
entrusted to the Foundation and discharge our fiduciary responsibilities in an
- Transparency - Provide donors and constituents with information that is
understandable, accurate, complete, objective, relevant and timely.
- Conflicts of Interest - Avoid actual and apparent conflicts of interest in personal
and professional relationships.
- Good Faith - Act in good faith, responsibly, with due care and competence
without misrepresenting material facts or allowing one's independent judgment to
- Compliance - Comply with the policies of the Foundation, the letter and intent of
applicable rules and regulations of federal, state, and local governments as well
as other appropriate private and public regulatory agencies.
- Confidentiality - Safeguard privacy rights and respect the sensitive information
acquired in the course of one's work. Privileged or sensitive information will not
be used for personal advantage or disclosed to unauthorized parties.
- Organizational Effectiveness - Improve and share professional knowledge and
skills, so that performance and effectiveness will better serve our donors and
Approved by Board of Directors, June 4, 2011
Click "give now" to make a convenient and secure online gift to The Marshall University Foundation, Inc.
Your journey is made one destination at a time. Discover what gift plan will work best for you.
Planned Giving Programs >>
Gifts Anyone Can Make
Did you know there are ways to support Marshall University that don't affect your current lifestyle or your family's security? You can support Marshall with gifts that don't impact the way you live.
Learn More >>