About the Marshall University Foundation
The Marshall University Foundation Inc. was chartered on January 3, 1947 as an independent non-profit organization to receive, invest, administer and disburse private resources in behalf of Marshall University. Gifts to the Foundation add a margin of excellence over and above the appropriate level of state support and are not intended to replace state funds. The Foundation plays a crucial role in providing the support critical to the continuing success of a nationally prominent University. This Foundation is dedicated to providing this service in a professional and personal spirit of respect, honesty, cooperation and goodwill for the benefit of the University.
The primary mission of The Marshall University Foundation Inc. is:
- To create, through the commitment of its many supporters, valuable relationships on behalf of Marshall University that enrich its teaching, strengthen its research and extend its services.
- To seek the involvement of a wide variety of active participants in the life and endeavors of Marshall University, including Alumni, Friends, Corporations, Foundations and other organizations.
- To act as a prudent steward of the financial resources entrusted to it in order to assist Marshall University in attaining its full potential as an institution of higher education.
- To wisely distribute the fruits of its stewardship for the benefit of the students of Marshall University through the support of the new and existing academic programs, enhanced scholarship funding, additional equipment, faculty development, advanced technology and improved facilities.
- To assist Marshall University, through the generosity of the Foundation's benefactors, in making a positive and lasting impact on the lives of its students and others it serves, wherever their careers take them.
Adopted September 18, 2001 by Board of Directors
Board of Directors
Leadership: the Marshall University Foundation Board of Directors. For more information about the current board of directors and contact information, click here.
The Annual Report
The Annual Report is in Adobe PDF format. If you do not have Adobe Reader, it is a free download here. Please note the Annual Report is a large file and may take a few minutes to download.
The Donor Bill of Rights
Gift Acceptance Policy
Marshall University Foundation 2006 Form 990
Marshall University Foundation 2007 Form 990 & 990T
Marshall University Foundation 2008 Form 990