The mission of the Marshall University Interfraternity Council is to serve as an advocate, resource, and governing body for the Greek community and provide students with opportunities for personal growth and leadership development.
The purpose of the Marshall University IFC shall be to:
- Act in accordance with all policies and procedures established by IFC as to not violate the sovereignty, rights, and privileges of member fraternities
- Adjudicate the standards and policies of the IFC and Marshall University.
- Advocate for the advancement of Greek Life at Marshall University.
- Cooperate with member fraternities and the university administration for the betterment of the Greek, Marshall University, and Huntington communities.
- Discuss questions of mutual interest and/or concern, and present to the member fraternities such recommendations as the IFC deems appropriate.
- Educate member fraternities on the North American Interfraternity Conference (NIC) standards that guide all IFC policies and standards.
- Ensure that an environment of cooperation and respect between member fraternities and individual members with the Greek community is maintained.
- Promote the aspirations, development, and interests of member fraternities.
- Promote the institutional mission and interests of Marshall University.
The Interfraternity Council is the governing body for our ten NIC fraternities at Marshall University and is comprised of our executive officers and a delegate representative from each chapter.
IFC Executive Board 2016
|VP-Finance and Administration||Bennett Smithfirstname.lastname@example.org||724-961-7204|
|VP-Risk Management and Standards||David Copelandemail@example.com||410-419-2348|
|VP-Public Relation and External Affairs||RJ Cornsfirstname.lastname@example.org||304-412-6306|
|VP-Education and Scholarship||Brandon Metzgeremail@example.com||301-788-1440|
|VP-Campus and Community Programming||Jay Haycraftfirstname.lastname@example.org||304-519-9455|
|VP-Service and Philanthropy||Clayburne Stevensemail@example.com||304-617-7623|
|VP-Recruitment and Retention||Matt Jarvisfirstname.lastname@example.org||304-546-3899|