11 Reasons for Getting Involved
- Students who get involved are more likely to be satisfied with their college experience and persist to graduation.
- Getting involved makes a student population of 15,000 seem much smaller and more manageable.
- Four or five years of college gets boring without new friends and new experiences!
- Getting involved provides you a sense of connection that you won’t have if you hurry from class, to your job, to your off-campus residence.
- Getting involved outside of the classroom reinforces the learning that happens inside the classroom.
- Students who get involved don’t think of MU as a commuter campus.
- Students who get involved get to make a difference because they learn how to get things done.
- Students who don’t get involved until they are close to graduating regret they didn’t do it sooner.
- Students who get involved learn important life skills and grow in ways that they weren’t expecting.
- Employers want to hire people who know how to work with others.
- It’s true, you will get out of MU and your college experience what you put into it!