Submitting Your Application Documents by Email Attachments (Preferred Method)
Before you start your online application, please have the following documents available to electronically upload in this online application:
1) Your most recent Resume (In chronological order from past to present. Dates must be detailed to month and year. Multiple pages should be combined in one file.)
2) your 500 Word Essay ‘Why I want to teach in China’;
3) copy of College Transcript, GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (Scanned copies acceptable. Please combine multiple pages of your transcript in one file.);
4) a copy of your highest College Diploma or an official Graduation Verification Letter from your university verifying your graduation date (If you have not graduated when you apply, your expected graduation date must be no later than June 15th for the fall teaching placement of the same year);
5) a digital passport size Visa Picture (Please dress formal or professional);
6) copy of your Passport Photo Page or a copy of your Driving License if you do not have a passport (Your passport copy must be submitted within 3-4 weeks after your full acceptance to the program);
7) two to three signed Reference Letters from people who have direct knowledge of your qualifications for the teaching position; and
8) $150 Application Fee by check or by credit card
Health exam and criminal record check will be required after the acceptance into the program in order to obtain your work permit in China.
When preparing for your digital Documents for your application, documents scanned and submitted as attachments should meet the following requirements:
A. Your document attachments should be in the following file formats:
DOC or DOCX files (for your resume and essay)
JPG file (for your passport picture)
PDF (for all other scanned documents)
B. The resolution should be set to be between 150 dpi to 200 dpi for the scanned documents.
C. Each scanned attachment should be no larger than 1 MB.
D. Each attachment should be named in the following format:
Last Name, First Name-Document Name
For example: For John Smith, his application documents should be named as:
1. Smith, John-Resume
2. Smith, John-Essay
3. Smith, John-Passport OR Smith, John-DrivingLicense (If you don’t have your passport yet)
4. Smith, John-Diploma OR Smith, John-GraduationVerification (If you haven’t received your diploma)
5. Smith, John-Picture (Two hard copies must still be sent after you are accepted)
6. Smith, John-Transcript
7. Smith, John-Reference1
8. Smith, John-Reference2
Please do not combine all your upload document attachments in ONE file.
Before you upload your attachments for your online application, please verify that the imaged documentation is clear and readable, and not upside down or partially missing.
We suggest you print this instruction for easy reference list when you prepare for your full online application.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Go back to the How to Apply for a Teaching Position.
Thank you for your support of our Go Green paperless effort!