COHP Research and Practice Day 2015
Marshall University College of Health Professions
Research and Practice Day 2015
Friday April 10th (9:00AM-4:00PM)
Memorial Student Center
Oral and Poster Presentations
Awards for Undergraduate and Graduate Submissions
Food and Refreshments Provided
Submit in either of two categories: Research (reports of data-based study) or Practice (reports on the application of knowledge including health programs, implementation of best practices and educational and service initiatives)
A limited number of candidates will be selected to give an oral presentation on their research. If you wish to be considered to do so, please check the appropriate box on the abstract form.
Research submissions must have the following components:
- Importance of the research
- Problem: What problem does this work attempt to solve? What is the scope of the project? What is the main argument/thesis/claim?
- Methods: Describe the specific approach used in the study or the types of evidence used in the research.
- Results: Presentation of study data, including statistical analysis.
- Discussion/ Conclusion: What changes should be implemented as a result of the findings of the work? How does this work add to the body of knowledge on the topic?
Practice submissions should have the following components:
- Describe: Your program, practice, or initiative and its rationale and methods.
- Who is served: The locale, the population, etc.
- Outcomes: What data or evidence has been generated for efficacy, and what evaluation has been conducted?
- Future prospects: Is it economically viable, sustainable? What are the next steps?
How to write a good abstract: http://medicalwriter.blogspot.com/2008/10/how-to-write-abstract.html
Abstracts are limited to a maximum of 300 words and must fit within the predefined area.
The completed abstract form must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and a physical copy printed and signed by advisor must be dropped off at Prichard 317 no later than 5PM March 24.
Posters are to be 24×36 inches in size, and can be printed from the Learning Resource Center, College of Education (Jenkins Hall 101) for $6.00.
Please also note that we have some PowerPoint templates which may be helpful in creating your poster. Posters do not need to mounted. Poster boards and clips will be provided at the venue on the day of the event.