Graduate Assistantship Positions-Career Services (20 hours)
|Hiring Unit||Career Services|
|Job Description||Looking for a full time grad student beginning Fall 2013 that is interested in working with students and employers in a career focused setting. This position will be working in an office environment and duties may include:
*Respond to students/alumni & employer questions and concerns
*Triage students and calls to appropriate staff
You may also be trained to review resumes, cover letters, and other documents. Assist students and employers in the lobby with registrations, uploading documents, and sending out employment information.
Preferred work hours: MONDAY-FRIDAY 1:00-5:00pm
|Preferred Experience||MUST HAVE EXCELLENT COMMAND OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.
Must be enrolled full time in graduate school
• Interest in developing knowledge and skills in resume writing techniques
• Ability to master information quickly
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
• Strong knowledge of MSWord, outlook Excel and MS Publisher is a plus
• Ability to ask for assistance, when needed
• Ability and desire to take initiative, and “pitch in” wherever and whenever needed
• Interest in career-related issues and activities
• A receptive attitude toward constructive criticism, and a desire to learn and experience new opportunities
• Any major may apply, but students should have a genuine interest in assisting students with their career-related concerns and questions. Preference will be given to students with these interests.
*Minimum 3.0 GPA
|How to apply||Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Put ’20 hour Grad Assistant’ in the subject line of the email.
NO RESUMES WILL BE TAKEN IN PERSON.