||The Graduate Assistantship for Student Involvement is a part time appointment in the Student Activities Office. The Graduate Assistant is supervised by the Coordinator for Student Involvement and assists in providing advising to the Campus Activities Board (CAB) and other campus programs.
- Develop and provide leadership for the development of programmatic initiative related to student activities programming, including but not limited to such areas as Campus Activities Board, Center programming, and programming for off campus students.
- Must have flexible work hours; some evening and weekend work required.
- Serve as an adviser for assigned Campus Activities Board committees and chairpersons to provide guidance on program planning and implementation, event promotion, risk management and compliance with University policies and procedures
- Support Student Activities in its efforts towards improved assessment, multicultural programs, adult programs, volunteerism, and programming.
- Supervise events and/or facilities as assigned to insure compliance with University policies and procedures.
- Assist with the training and development of CAB leaders. Coordinate on-going training and development series for CAB.
- Coordinate special projects as assigned. [I.e. Homecoming, Fall Fest, Concerts, Assessment, etc.]
- Assist in the preparation and maintenance of appropriate periodic/special operations reports and surveys.
- Assist with the implementation of Student Activities weekly programming. Develop strategies to present no-cost/low cost programming that enlivens the office daily.
- Promote student involvement in campus programming
- Develop and implement assessment outcomes for Campus Activities Board programming. Collect and compile evaluation data from all CAB events. Conduct a research project related to student activities programming and departmental goals.
- Participate in staff development programs for the Office and Division of Student Affairs to enhance personal and professional development. Participate in departmental and divisional planning and evaluation processes.
- Serve as an active member of the department, attend meetings, and contribute to departmental goals and objectives. Perform other duties as assigned by the Coordinator for Student Involvement and assume additional responsibilities within the scope of the position as required. Provide support for special events and functions that occur.
- Background in program planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Attention to detail and an enjoyment of evaluation and research
- Strong organization, communication, and leadership skills.
- Ability to serve as a role model for undergraduate students and alumni volunteers.
- Competence in technology; proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, and outgoing
- Possess and have demonstrated past leadership experience
- Understanding of the value of out-of–class involvement.