Doctor of Psychology
DOCTOR OF PSYCHOLOGY. Psy.D. (GLF0)
Harris Hall 326
Dr. Marianna Footo Linz
Harris Hall 335B
- AREAS OF EMPHASIS OFFERED:
- See Graduate Catalog for details.
- NORMAL TIME TO COMPLETE FOR FULL-TIME STUDENT:
- 5 years.
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- The program offers a doctoral degree (Psy.D.) that emphasis training within the practitioner-scholar model. The program is accredited by the American Psychological Association through 2018. While the degree has primarily a practitioner focus, students will gain research experience as well. A broad range of training opportunities is provided in inpatient settings, outpatient clinics, VA settings, and primary care settings. Graduates typically work in practice settings providing direct patient care of fill administrative positions.
- PROGRAM OBJECTIVES:
- The primary objective of this program is to prepare doctoral-level professional psychologists to develop, provide, supervise and evaluate high quality mental health services. An emphasis is on understanding the unique culture and needs of rural and under-served communities, particularly those in Appalachia in general, with specific focus on West Virginia communities.
- JOBS RELATED TO THIS PROGRAM:
- For more information, please click on the links below to the O*NET website supported by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- 21-1014.00 Mental Health CounselorsBright Outlook
- 19-3031.02 Clinical Psychologists
- 19-3031.02 Counseling Psychologists
- 11-9199.00 Managers, All Other
- 19-3039.00 Psychologists, All Other
- 25-1066.00 Psychology Teachers, Postsecondary
- APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ADMISSION:
- December 1 for Fall only
- ADMISSIONS TEST REQUIRED: GRE
- PROGRAM LOCATION: Huntington campus