Graduate Certificate in Media Management
The Graduate Certificate in Media Management requires 15 hours of course credit. The Certificate serves students with or without a background in the field but with an interest in newspaper, magazine, television, radio, the internet or converged media, advertising or public relations.
- Courses are packaged to target specific areas of development that will augment depth of knowledge or skills, help students remain competitive in the job market, advance their careers, or help them pursue personal enrichment.
- Focuses on the administration of print media, (newspapers and magazines) broadcast facilities (radio and television) and many forms of converged media including media websites, blogs, and social media.
- Students may complete a stand-alone certificate or incorporate it into their JMC master’s program or other master’s programs on campus.
- Prospective certificate-only students should apply for admission to Marshall University as a Certificate/Professional Development student and select the Media Management Certificate on the application form.
- Applicants should follow the admissions process described in the Graduate Catalog, or at the Graduate Admissions website.
- Students already enrolled in the Journalism master’s program who wish to earn the certificate simultaneously can apply easily by submitting a Secondary Program Request form:
Deadline for Application: December 1 (Spring semester); August 1 (Fall Semester); May 1 (Summer)