Graduate Certificate in Program Evaluation
Program Director: Dr. Eric Lassiter
Graduate Humanities Program
The Graduate Certificate in Program Evaluation requires 12 hours of course credit. The Certificate will provide training in graduate-level theories and methodologies of applied evaluation to equip students with the necessary skills that can be applied to the evaluation of policies, programs, projects, community development and other activities.
- Combines study in mixed quantitative and qualitative research methods with training in cultural competency.
- Students acquire conceptual and methodological skills such as needs assessment, program theory, logic modeling, and process and outcome analysis.
- Capstone experience emphasizes the evaluation of an actual and/or existing project or program.
- Students can apply credits earned to graduate degrees in the Graduate School of Education and Professional Development as well as in the Graduate Humanities Program as electives, to be determined by faculty advising students’ programs of study.
- Credits earned in the certificate program can potentially be applied to professional development and other professional continuing education, depending on individual programs of study and the approval of faculty in GSEPD and/or the Graduate Humanities Program.
Gainful Employment Program Disclosure:
- Under the Code of Federal Regulations 668.6B, the following information is provided to prospective students seeking only the certificate (not simultaneously with a degree) to help them make informed decisions about this program, which does not lead to a degree. NOTE: Standard Occupational Classification (“SOC”) codes are issued by the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor. The SOC is linked to the occupational profile on O*NET, the nation’s primary source of occupational information.
|Intended Occupation for Certificate Holders||Standard Occupation Code|
|Market Research Analysts||19-3021|
Standard Time to Completion: 2-3 semesters (12 months to 1.5 years)
Cost of books and supplies (estimate): $500
Certificate Application Essentials:
How to apply:
- Prospective certificate-only students should apply for admission to Marshall University as a Certificate/Professional Development student and select the Program Evaluation Certificate on the application form.
- Applicants should follow the admissions process described in the Graduate Catalog, or at the Graduate Admissions website .
Deadline for Application: December 1 (Spring semester); August 1 (Fall Semester); May 1 (Summer)