MASTER OF ARTS IN HISTORY (GL70)
Harris Hall 116 (map)
Dr. Bob Deal
Harris Hall 116
- AREAS OF EMPHASIS OFFERED:
- Public History
- 32 credit hours with a thesis and 36 credit hours non-thesis option.
- NORMAL TIME TO COMPLETE FOR FULL-TIME STUDENT:
- 2 years.
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Students acquire research, writing, and analytical skills that will prepare them either for a doctoral level program or a variety of non-academic careers.
- PROGRAM OBJECTIVES:
- Ability to explain and interpret historical events, processes and patterns; to produce original research using primary source documents; to provide evidence of sophisticated awareness of the interrelationship of the human experience and historical perspective; to show an understanding of the development of the historical profession and the various schools and interpretations of history.
- JOBS RELATED TO THIS PROGRAM:
- For more information, please click on the links below to the O*NET website supported by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ADMISSION:
- Fall: March 1; Spring: October 1
- GRE OR OTHER TEST REQUIRED:
- PROGRAM LOCATION: