MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS (GT40)
Gullickson Hall 3F (map)
Dr. John Biros
Graduate College 331
- AREAS OF EMPHASIS OFFERED:
- 36 credit hours.
- NORMAL TIME TO COMPLETE FOR FULL-TIME STUDENT:
- 2 years.
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- The Information Systems program prepares participants to be effective users, designers, and developers of information systems, people who can add value to processes and products in organizations. The program also helps participants improve their professional writing, presentation, and teamwork abilities.
- PROGRAM OBJECTIVES:
- Specific objectives include: the ability to describe a situation as a system, specifying components, boundaries, and interfaces; communication skills for effectively leading teams, collaborating with managers in defining needs and opportunities, and assisting colleagues; knowledge of the basic hardware and software components of computer systems and their configurations.
- JOBS RELATED TO THIS PROGRAM:
- For more information, please click on the links below to the O*NET website supported by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- 11-3021.00 Computer and Information Systems Managers
- 15-1141.00 Database Administrators Bright Outlook
- 15-1142.00 Network and Computer Systems Administrators Bright Outlook
- 15-1143.00 Computer Network Architects Bright Outlook
- 15-1121.00 Computer Systems Analysts Bright Outlook
- APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ADMISSION:
- Fall enrollment: August 1; Spring enrollment: December 1; Summer enrollment: May 1
- GRE OR OTHER TEST REQUIRED:
- PROGRAM LOCATION:
- Huntington/South Charleston