Graduate Certificate in Management Foundations
|Academic Advisor: Mr. Wes Spradlin
Lewis College of Business
The Graduate Certificate in Management Foundations requires 15 hours of course credit. The Certificate is intended for students with non-business undergraduate degrees to provide a generalist overview of graduate business topics.
- Students improve their depth of knowledge or skills, remain competitive in the job market, learn new skills, advance their careers, or pursue personal enrichment.
Gainful Employment Program Disclosure:
- Student pursuing the graduate certificate in Management Foundations are eligible for federal financial aid providing they takes at least 4.5 hours (1/2 time enrollment) in a semester.
- Under the Code of Federal Regulations 668.6B, the following information is provided to prospective students seeking only the certificate (not simultaneously with a degree) to help them make informed decisions about this program, which does not lead to a degree. NOTE: Standard Occupational Classification (“SOC”) codes are issued by the Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor. The SOC is linked to the occupational profile on O*NET, the nation’s primary source of occupational information.
|Intended Occupation for Certificate Holders||Standard Occupation Code|
|General and Operations Managers||11-1021|
|Administrative Services Managers||11-3011|
|Advertising and Promotions Managers||11-2011|
Standard Time to Completion: 2-3 semesters
|5 Courses | 15 credits|
|ACC 510 Survey of Accounting
ECN 501 Economic Analysis
FIN 510 Principles of Business Finance
MGT 500 Analytic Methods and Techniques
MKT 511 Marketing and Management
Cost of books and supplies (estimate): $500
Information about Students who have Completed the Certificate-Only Program in the Most Recent Full Year (December 2010-August 2011):
NOTE: On-Time Completion Rate is the percentage of students who graduated between December 2010-August 2011, who completed this program in the normal completion time.
- Number of certificate-only students enrolled: one student enrolled
- Number of certificate-only students completing: NA
- On-Time Completion Rate: NA
- Job Placement Rate: 100%
- Median Loan Debt: NA
Certificate Application Essentials
How to apply:
- Prospective certificate-only students should apply for admission to Marshall University as a Certificate/Professional Development student and select the Management Foundations Certificate on the application form.
- Applicants should follow the admissions process described in the Graduate Catalog, or at the Graduate Admissions website.
- Students enrolled in any advanced degree program at Marshall University who wish to earn the certificate simultaneously can apply easily by submitting a Secondary Program Request form:
Deadline for Application: December 1 (Spring semester); August 1 (Fall Semester); May 1 (Summer)