Master of Arts in Teaching
MASTER OF ARTS IN TEACHING (GEE0)
Dr. Sandra S. Bailey
W22-Erma Byrd Higher Education Center
Beaver, WV 25832
Dr. George Watson
Jenkins Hall 241
Ms. Tammy Aliff, Certification Specialist
Jenkins Hall 230
SOUTH CHARLESTON Campus
Ms. Gabriella Williamson, Certification Specialist
Graduate College 202
- AREAS OF EMPHASIS OFFERED:
- 39 credit hours.For complete information please see: M.A.T Program Information
- NORMAL TIME TO COMPLETE FOR FULL-TIME STUDENT:
- 2 years minimum.
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- The program provides the professional education courses and clinical experiences, including student teaching, necessary to prepare individuals for teaching a specific content area in grades PreK-Adult, 5-Adult, or 9-Adult.
- PROGRAM OBJECTIVES:
- The program is an alternative means for college graduates with degrees in liberal arts, fine arts, and professional fields to attain teacher certification.
- JOBS RELATED TO THIS PROGRAM:
- For more information, please click on the links below to the O*NET website supported by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- 25-2022.00 Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education Bright Outlook
- 25-2031.00 Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education Bright Outlook
- APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ADMISSION:
- Fall enrollment: August 1; Spring enrollment: December 1; Summer enrollment: May 1
- GRE OR OTHER TEST REQUIRED:
- GRE or MAT and Praxis/ Pre-Professional Skills Test in reading, writing, and math (waived if candidate has an earned Master’s degree or higher, an enhanced ACT score of 26 or higher, or a re-centered SAT score of 1125).
- PROGRAM LOCATION:
- Huntington and South Charleston