Master of Arts in Psychology (GLG0)
Dr. Marianna Linz
Harris Hall 330
Psychology (South Charleston)
Graduate College 101C
Dr. Tom Linz
Harris Hall 212
Areas of Emphasis Offered: Clinical Psychology; General Psychology; School Psychology
Certificates: Clinical Psychology (post-master’s)
Curriculum: 36 credit hours.
Normal time to complete for full-time student: 2 years minimum.
Students in all programs are expected to behave in accordance with the APA Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct. Consequences for violations may include suspension or dismissal from the student’s program of study.
The general M.A. program is NOT in itself a clinical training program; students who plan to do clinical work should apply for and complete the entire Graduate Certificate in Clinical Psychology sequence (described in a separate section below), which is designed to prepare graduates for entry-level clinical positions.
Jobs Related to this Program:
For more information, please click on the links below to the O*NET website supported by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- 21-1014.00 Mental Health Counselors Bright Outlook
- 19-3031.02 Clinical Psychologists
- 19-3031.03 Counseling Psychologists
- 11-9199.00 Managers, All Other
- 19-3031.00 Clinical, Counseling, and School Psychologists
- 19-3031.01 School Psychologists
- 19-3032.00 Industrial-Organizational Psychologists Bright Outlook
- 19-3039.00 Psychologists, All Other
- 25-1066.00 Psychology Teachers, Postsecondary
Application deadline for AdmissionPsychology MA, Fall enrollment: August 1; Spring enrollment: December 1; Summer enrollment: May 1
Clinical Area or Emphasis– Fall only: January 31
GRE or other test required: GRE
Program location: Huntington and South Charleston