MASTER OF ARTS IN SECONDARY EDUCATION (GEB0)
Dr. Lisa Heaton
Graduate College 240
- AREAS OF EMPHASIS OFFERED:
- Educational Computing | Individualized Plan of Study | Instructional Process and Strategies | Math through Algebra I | School Library Media | Teaching English as a Second Language
- Educational Computing (online) | Mathematics through Algebra I (online) | School Library Media Specialist (online) | Teaching English as a Second Language (online)
- 39 credit hours.
- NORMAL TIME TO COMPLETE FOR FULL-TIME STUDENT:
- 2 years minimum.
- PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS:
- Students can pursue four venues for graduate level professional development: Graduate certificates; Master of Arts (M.A.); Education Specialist (Ed.S.); Doctor of Education (Ed.D.).
- PROGRAM OBJECTIVES:
- This is one of several programs that provides coordinated, sequential programs of study in an identified area of education.
- JOBS RELATED TO THIS PROGRAM:
- For more information, please click on the links below to the O*NET website supported by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- 25-2022.00 Middle School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education Bright Outlook
- 25-2023.00 Career/Technical Education Teachers, Middle School
- 25-2031.00 Secondary School Teachers, Except Special and Career/Technical Education Bright Outlook
- 25-3011.00 Adult Basic and Secondary Education and Literacy Teachers and Instructors
- 25-9031.00 Instructional Coordinators Bright Outlook
- 25-9021.01 Instructional Designers and Technologists Bright Outlook
- 25-4021.00 Librarians
- APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR ADMISSION:
- Fall enrollment: August 1; Spring enrollment: December 1; Summer enrollment: May 1
- GRE OR OTHER TEST REQUIRED:
- GRE or MAT
Huntington and South Charleston