Program Director – Dr. Chuck Bethel
The Post Master’s Graduate Certificate in School Principalship requires 18 hours of course credit and is delivered via technology with no class meetings on campus. There will be electronic synchronous activities. The Certificate leads to licensure as a School Principal and is designed for individuals who have a Master’s degree and are experienced educators.
- Courses are offered concurrently with the Master’s Program in Leadership Studies; students can seamlessly complete the MA if they desire to do so.
- Students holding a master’s degree can obtain PK-Adult principal certification in an 18 hours Graduate Certificate program.
All of the courses in this program are offered with no class meetings on campus
Many courses in this program are offered online.
- Students must pass the Praxis II and attend the Center for Professional Development Evaluation Leadership Institute for school principal certification.
Certificate Application Essentials
How to apply:
- Prospective certificate-only students should apply for admission to Marshall University as a Professional Development student and select the School Principalship Certificate on the application form.
- Applicants should follow the admissions process described in the Graduate Catalog, or at the Graduate Admissions website.
Admission requirements include a master’s degree in education.
Deadline for Application: December 1 (Spring semester); August 1 (Fall Semester)