The Graduate Certificate in Women’s Studies requires 18 hours of course credit. The certificate program is designed for individuals who have an undergraduate degree in women’s studies or related fields. Please consult the program director for information on course requirements.
- Provides an education dimension for working professionals in many fields.
- Offers an interdisciplinary perspective.
- Supports critical research which takes into account various beliefs about gender, race, class, and sexuality.
Certificate Application Essentials
How to apply:
- Prospective certificate-only students should apply for admission to Marshall University as a Certificate/Professional Development student and select the Women’s Studies Certificate on the application form.
- Applicants should follow the admissions process described in the Graduate Catalog, or at the Graduate Admissions website.
Students already enrolled in the History or Humanities master’s program who wish to earn the certificate simultaneously can apply easily by submitting a Secondary Program Request form.
Deadline for Application: December 1 (Spring semester); August 1 (Fall Semester); May 1 (Summer)