|Program Director: Dr. E. Del Chrol
The Graduate Certificate in Latin consists of 15 hours. The Certificate provides a series of Latin literature courses that covers Roman poets, historians, rhetoricians, and Roman civilization.Program Highlights:
- Students can advance their study of elementary Latin.
- The certificate serves as preparation for graduate degrees in Latin and education.
- Credits can be used toward teacher certification, the MAT, and the master’s degree in Latin.
- Prospective certificate-only students should apply for admission to Marshall University as a Certificate/Professional Development student and select the Latin Certificate on the application form.
- Applicants should follow the admissions process described in the Graduate Catalog, or at the Graduate Admissions website.
Applicants must have appropriate prerequisites for upper-level Latin courses, which generally consist of the completion of elementary Latin courses, or comparable practice and proficiency in Latin ascertained by a department exam.
Deadline for Application: December 1 (Spring semester); August 1 (Fall Semester)