Summer Prep Registration, M.U. Housing & Residence Life, and New Student Orientation
Summer Prep Registration:
- Print and fill out completely the three forms listed below and mail them to Sara Barker at the address below no later than April 15 (Note: Registrations received after this date could possibly be wait-listed).
- Do not forget to include two separate checks for payment to “Marshall University” for your academic course tuition and payment to “M.U. H.E.L.P. Center” for Summer Prep fees. Payment details are listed on the individual forms listed below:
- Schedule Adjustment Add/Drop Form (Click here for a list of available Summer 2014 Courses)
- Summer Prep Program Registration Form
- Permission to Contact Form**
**Note: If this form is not filled out completely and returned to the H.E.L.P. Center, we will not be able to have contact with parents, university professors, and staff on the student’s behalf.
- Include a check payable to “Marshall University” for academic course tuition
- If payment is not made by June 6, 2014, your student’s university class will be dropped due to non-payment
- Include a check payable to “M.U. H.E.L.P. Center” for Summer Prep fees
- If payment is not made by June 9, 2014, your students Summer Prep Registration may be cancelled due to non-payment
Address: Marshall University H.E.L.P. Center, c/o Sara Barker, 520 18th Street Huntington, WV 25703
*Applications received after April 15th 2014 will possibly be wait-listed.
- Please RSVP your attendance to “Meet and Greet” on June 23 at 9:00 a.m. by emailing Sara Barker. Parents and/or guardians are encouraged to attend the “Meet and Greet” as they will receive additional information regarding Summer Prep, have the opportunity to ask last-minute questions, and meet their student’s instructors.
- Students: Your academic course and Summer Prep workshops begin on June 9th (Late Summer Prep begins June 23rd). Please attend your academic course in the morning if it is scheduled at that time. If you have an afternoon class instead, you are welcome to attend the “Meet and Greet” at 1:00 p.m. in Myers Hall as well.
Marshall University Department of Housing & Residence Life:
- Print and fill out completely the “Residence Hall and Food Service Application/Contract” listed below and mail it along with a $200 deposit payable to “Marshall University” to the address listed below:
Address: M.U. Dept. Housing & Residence Life, One John Marshall Drive, Huntington, WV 25755-5400
You will need to go to Towers West main floor counter the Sunday before you start Summer Prep to receive your room assignment and key. If you have questions concerning your Residence Hall and Food Service, please contact them directly at (800) 438-5391.
New Student Orientation:
- You may receive a registration form from Marshall University for New Student Orientation. You do not have to send this back to Marshall.
- All H.E.L.P. students will be taking part in New Student Orientation on Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. in the Memorial Student Center. Registration for this orientation will be handled through the H.E.L.P. Center.
- Parents and/or guardians are more than welcome to attend New Student Orientation with their student.