A guide to what’s going on at Marshall University
Herd Happenings is the newsletter designed to give you information on events taking place in the Marshall University community. As a registered student, you’ll receive this e-newsletter once a week instead of multiple e-mails during the week…all with the goal of keeping you informed while sending fewer mass e-mails.
Use the link at right to view the current issue of Herd Happenings.
Do you have an event you’d like to have included? Here’s how to prepare and submit your item.
- If you are using a slide for digital signage, that size (1280 pixels wide by 720 pixels high) is acceptable for Herd Happenings as well. Other sizes may also be acceptable. For all sizes, keep in mind that the item will appear approximately 600 pixels wide in the newsletter and type should be readable at that size.
- If possible, please specify a link or e-mail for further information, or provide text or an expanded graphic.
- Acceptable formats for graphics are PDF or JPG in order to avoid font or layout problems.
- Herd Happenings can also accept text in the form of a press release or similar document, with or without graphics.
- Please plan ahead. Herd Happenings will be e-mailed on Fridays during the semester, and less frequently during the summer and when classes are not in session. Use the link at the right to view a schedule. In general, mass e-mails will not be sent as a substitute for an item in Herd Happenings.
- Items submitted must be submitted by Marshall University departments or recognized student organizations, and must have a sponsorship by or other connection with a Marshall department or recognized organization.
- Items submitted are subject to correction or editing by University Communications staff. They also may be returned to the sender for correction or clarification.
- Please submit your item to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon the Wednesday before the Friday the item is to appear. (Marshall departments may submit through their University Communications representatives.)
- Questions or requests for clarification may be e-mailed to email@example.com.