Graduation Requirements (The official MU transcript will state that the student has graduated with University Honors through the Honors College)
- FYS 100H (3 credit hours) – the First-Year Seminar
- HON 200 (3 credit hours) – the Second-Year Seminar
- 2 honors seminars (3 credit hours each)
- 12 credit hours by:
- additional honors seminars
- honors [H] courses – intro courses offered by departments to honors students
- study abroad (may substitute for three to six credit hours)
- HON 488 – HCSA Steering Committee
- HON 484 – honors newsletter
- HON 485/486 – honors independent study
- H-option – contract with instructor to enhance a non-honors course
Total 24 credit hours in Honors
Honors Academic Standing
A student is in good standing with the Honors College with an overall grade point average that is at least 3.30.
Whenever a student’s grade point average is below 3.30, the student will be placed on academic probation status with the Honors College, and be asked to meet with an Honors advisor. If the overall GPA is 3.30 or above at the end of the probation semester, the student will return to Good Standing in the Honors College.
After one semester on academic probation, students who fail to achieve a 3.30 overall grade point average will be dismissed from the Honors College. Students who receive a GPA below 3.00 for courses they take in their first semester at Marshall will be dismissed from the Honors College.