H1-B Dependent Questions
- I want to enroll my children in school. I need information regarding schools (elementary through high school).
- If you are living in Cabell County, check this website.
- If you are living in Wayne County, check this website.
- Can my H-4 dependent study or work?
- H-4 dependents may study in the U.S., full- or part-time, but the duration of their stay is dependent on the H-1B’s period of stay. Dependents should weigh the benefits of changing their status to F-1 versus remaining in H-4 status. H-4 dependents are not subject to the F-1 requirements to pursue a full course of study, but there are NOT eligible for F-1 benefits such as on-campus employment and practical training.
- H-4 non-immigrants cannot be employed in the United States or receive compensation from any U.S. source.