• I plan on traveling outside of the United States, may I?
    • If you are planning on traveling outside the United States for LESS THAN 5 MONTHS, you will need the following documents to re-enter the U.S.
    1. A passport valid for 6 months beyond your date of entry
    2. A valid visa
    3. Current I-20 signed by an international adviser in the CIP Office
    4. Financial information showing proof of necessary funds to cover tuition and living expenses
    5. I-94 Arrival/Departure card


  • May I travel to Mexico, Canada, or an island near the U.S during MU Break IF my visa has expired?
    • You can travel to Mexico, Canada, or an island adjacent (except Cuba) to the United States for less than 30 days with an expired visa and re-enter the U.S. through automatic visa revalidation. BE SURE TO HAVE AN INTERNATIONAL STUDENT ADVISOR SIGN YOUR I-20 BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE U.S. Go to United States Visa website for more information.


  • What if my entry visa is about to expire? 
    • It is legal for you to be in the United States with an expired visa; however, you must have a valid visa to re-enter the United States.


  • What documents do I need to renew my visa?
    • You will need to contact the U.S. Consulate in your home country for a complete list of requirements, but you will definitely need the following: your current I-20, a current financial statement, a current academic transcript and a passport valid for at least 6 months.