The Office of International Student Services (ISS) welcomes you to Marshall University! We hope your stay with us will be a wonderful experience. Marshall University is authorized to enroll international students on F-1 and J-1 status, and ISS is the source of up-to-date information on current immigration regulations.
As a new international student at Marshall, please take note of the following important information:
- Arrival Form
- Before you travel, make sure to complete our Arrival Form to let us know your travel and arrival plans!
- New International Student Enrollment Checklist
- From admission to arrival, make sure you’ve taken care of every important step in the enrollment process.
- Check-in & Arrival
- All new international students are required to check in with ISS upon arrival. Please follow the link above for information about upcoming check-in dates. If you have any questions or concerns about the check in process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download the MU Mobile App
- “The MU Mobile App platform also allows for account information, campus maps, virtual tours, news and events, social media, and more. This app is available to everyone, not just current and potential students.”
- Living in Huntington, WV
- Please follow the link above for information about your new home away from home!
- Health Insurance Information
- Marshall University requires all international students to have health insurance while studying at Marshall University. Insurance will protect you against the very high medical costs in the US. Follow the link above for information about purchasing International Student Health Insurance.
The Office of International Student Services staff is also available to help with any additional immigration-related issues you may have. Contact us via email to schedule an appointment.