The Information Technology Service Providers (ITSP) is a working group of University IT Professionals dedicated to moving the university forward from a technology perspective. Click on the dates below for videos of past events.
Information Technology Updates
April 25, 2016
- Agenda: TBA
March 28, 2016 (Video)
- 2:00 – 2:20 p.m.: Electronic Records Management – Nat Debruin & Jackie Diorio: Guidelines and process for academic and administrative units to govern their electronic records, addressing the creation, use, and long-term preservation of those records
- 2:20 – 2:40 p.m.: How to reduce Printing, Save Monday and the Environment – Dr. Jan I. Fox
- 2:40 – 3:00 p.m.: IT Strategies for the Future University – Dr. Jan I. Fox
February 29, 2016 (Video)
- 2:00 – 2:30 p.m.: Ellucian Portal and Ellucian mobile platform – Brent Maynard / Kevin Byrd
- 2:30 – 2:40 p.m.: Questions and discussion
- 2:40 – 3:00 p.m.: Skype for Business information and training information – Jody Perry / Crystal Stewart / Brad McCoy
December 14, 2015 (Video)
- 2:00 – 3:00 p.m.: New Apple Products – Brett Davis from Apple will be giving us an overview of new Apple products such as the release of the new iPad Pro, El Capitan, and iOS 9.
- 3:15 – 3:30 p.m.: WordPress and new MU web theme – Kevin Byrd & Justin Howell will give an update on the deployment of the new WordPress theme across the University’s web presence.
- 3:30 – 4:00 p.m.: Online Learning & Libraries – Dr. Monica Brooks will give an update on current initiatives including Copyright modules, collaboration with Academic Affairs on their purchase of Bb Analytics and Outcomes, migration to Blackboard Ultra, Streaming services, Policy updates, New online journals, and the Clio app.
November 20, 2015 (Video)
- 9:00 a.m.: New Dell Client Roadmap Update – Richard Sylvestor from Dell will be presenting the new Dell Client Roadmap
- 9:45m.: Break
- 10:00 a.m.: Research Computing Grant – Edward Aractingi and I will discuss the $500,000 grant awarded to Marshall University by the National Science Foundation to improve campus-wide computer networking in support of research.
- 10:15 a.m.: Update on InCommon initiatives like EduRoam and Comodo – Edward Aractingi will provide an overview of the latest initiatives.
- 10:30 a.m.: WordPress and new MU web theme – Kevin Byrd will give an update on the deployment of the new WordPress theme across the University’s web presence.
- 10:45 a.m.: Banner Changes / Roadmaps – Brent Maynard will give an update on upcoming Banner changes and roadmap including BannerXE and HRmodule.
October 23, 2015 (Video)
- 9:00 a.m.: IT Vision – including IT News & Alerts (Dr. Jan Fox) – I will give a general update on the IT Vision, major product roadmaps and demonstrate the new News and Alerts feature on the IT webpage.
- 9:20 a.m.: Electronic Signature (Dr. Jan Fox) – I will also discuss the difference between electronic and digital signatures, the move to electronic forms of documentation and upcoming policy on this topic.
- 9:40 a.m.: Skype for Business (Mike Adkins) – IT has launched Microsoft Skype for Business as our new unified communications solution. Mike will give an update on the progress of the Skype for Business deployment.
- 10:00 a.m.: Windows 10 (Allen Taylor) – Allen will give an update on the upcoming deployment plan for Windows 10.
- 10:30 a.m.: New Apple & Microsoft Products (Allen Taylor) – Allen will also give an update on the newest released Apple and Microsoft Products.