Marshall University Mass Voice Mail Distribution Policy
The purpose of this policy is to provide guidance on the proper use and procedures for sending mass voice mail messages.
This policy applies to all faculty,
staff, and students including other departments/organizations not directly
Broadcast voice mail message
- a message that is delivered to every voice mail (AUDIX) mailbox on the
1. Major outage, repair or upgrade of network (voice/data/video).
2. University delays or closings
3. Emergency situations that relate to the health, safety and welfare of the campus community or surrounding areas
4. Other means of communication are not timely and the nature of the event is such that other methods could not be accommodated
Voice Mail general announcement – a message that is delivered to audix users that have opted in to receive general announcements. The list is maintained by the Telecommunications Office.
Voice Mail general announcement (other) – Example - a message that is delivered by the Faculty Senate Office. The list is maintained by the Faculty Senate Office and will not be addressed by this Policy.
1. The user will record and send a voice mail message to extension 3374.
2. The user will then call University Communications to notify/verify that the message was delivered
3. The University Communications designate will listen to the message to determine which category the message falls under using the definitions listed above.
4. The user and the University Communications designate will then define which method of distribution will be used (see definitions above).
5. The University Communications designate will then contact the Telecommunications Office to schedule the appropriate delivery of the message.