Feature Upgrades Coming!
Blackboard will be unavailable for 12 hours during the night of December 18 in order to upgrade our system to make new features available. Upgrades that you’ve been requesting will be available the 19th: authentic student view, SafeAssign assignment integration, anonymous grading options for instructors, and more.
For more information, short videos, and documentation regarding each of our relevant feature upgrades, please visit our Feature Update Information Page.
Marshall currently runs Blackboard Learn 9.1 SP 14. The December 18th upgrade applies the April and Oct update.
The following are some friendly reminders to help make your transition into the Spring semester easier:
- Early access to courses is only granted for special circumstances and requires the permission of your chair and dean.
- If you would like to add a TA, GA, or additional instructor to your course, please use the Course Access Request Form *Instructor of record must make the request
- If you teach more than one section of the same course, and you would like to combine those sections into one cross-listed section, please use the Cross-Listing Request Form *Instructor of record must make the request
- In order for your to have proper course access to Blackboard courses, you must be listed as the instructor of record in Banner. If you are filling a Staff position, or there was a late instructor change, those changes need to be updated in Banner as well.
- Course Copy Directions can be found by clicking on the Faculty tab at the top of the My MUOnLine page. Please start the directions in the course where your content currently resides.
- If a student needs an extension on a course for an Incomplete, then please fill out a Support Ticket at support.marshall.edu with the course name, CRN, and the name and email of the student that needs the extension.
Updated December 2014