LIBRARY PARTNERS (RESEARCH SPECIALISTS)
Marshall University Libraries' Partners
Program was created to establish formal, ongoing relationships between the
Library and Marshall University departments, schools and programs. The goal
of the program is to foster dialogue between the Library and academic
programs it supports. This dialogue will enhance the Library's
understanding of user needs, promote integration of information literacy
into the curricula, and support collection development activities. The
program matches a library faculty member (partner) with a department faculty
member (library liaison). See the list of Library Partners By Department.
Library Liaison Guide
As increased expenses continue to be a challenge, we ask that purchases be
restricted to items that are essential for teaching and research. Although
purchases are limited, the Library Liaison Program is one way to assure that
the best possible services are provided to faculty, students, and staff.
Overview of Library Partners Services
Research consultation or expert referral to
Library faculty, staff or resources
- Customized instruction for:
- small groups of faculty
- Updates on new Library resources
- Help with computer access to Library systems and databases
- Individual assistance with database searching
- Creation of customized research guides for classes
Role of Department Library Liaisons
Liaisons are appointed by the department heads and have these three functions:
- Serve as the departmental contact for library communication.
- Work with the Collection Development Librarian to coordinate acquisition and collection development.
- Facilitate the purchase request process as well as other departmental library needs or services.
Library Liaison Purchasing Guidelines
Purchase requests must be submitted using the online form
- Please order only those items that are essential to research or teaching
- Order fulfillment is based on available funds
- Be sure to complete the form in its entirety
- Upon receipt and processing of the requested material, faculty will be notified that the item is available for checkout
- In the event that the requested material cannot be purchased, the requestor will be notified
Acquisitions and Collection Development Contacts
- Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
- Digital, Technical, & Scholarly Communication Services, 3rd Floor Rear, Drinko Library
- Questions: Collection Development - (304) 696-3096