Mary Aleshire to Margaret Shepard Aleshire, 3 November 1874
<Page 4 of 6>

SCANNED LETTER

TRANSCRIPTION

(Ms4 Bx1 Fd16 Item7)
[Click on letter to enlarge]


thing about my staying here
longer I guess. I tell her I will
not let her send it unless I
see it, fearing she might be
plotting evil designs against me.
Mollie told her Father yesterday
that you were willing for me
to stay longer. but I first
thought I had been here a good
while and was going home.
will says he [illegible] not going [illegible]
I have almost concluded to
stay until the river opens be-
lieve I will wait a week or two
on that anyway. Ask Pa which
I had better do. Ruben thinks
the ride to Portland will be
most too much for Lalla so she
cannot meet me there. I think
he is right. But I am very sorry
 


 

 

 

 

 

<PAGE 1>   <PAGE 2>   <PAGE 3>
<PAGE 4>   <PAGE 5>   <PAGE 6>

 

RETURN to MARY ALESHIRE LETTERS

Created by Lisle Brown, Curator, Special Collections
2005, Special Collections, Marshall University