“I’ve always been a lifelong learner, but didn’t want to deal with writing papers, tuition, expensive textbooks, campus parking, etc. With lots of work, our program is providing challenges to our ‘older brains.’ Statistics have proven that a challenged brain is a healthier brain. The LLP has revitalized me and my husband. Interaction with people from all walks of life expands your horizons. Hope I never graduate!”
– Freddie Tanner, LLP Founding Member
They say “if you don’t use it, you lose it,” and it’s true for our brains as much as our brawn. If you have been looking for a way to keep your mind active while interacting with engaging speakers, compelling instructors, and a cohort of like-minded learners on a regular basis, the Lifelong Learning Program at Marshall University is for you!
Launched in April 2018, the LLP was a dream of many members of the Huntington community who had experienced similar programs at other institutions or knew of them through friends. Housed in the Center for Continuing Education, the LLP has grown quickly and offers members a wide variety of ways to learn. From guest speakers and short-term courses to day trips and access to numerous Marshall University resources, LLP membership give you a multitude of benefits.
Do something positive for yourself this year and experience the unique benefits the Lifelong Learning Program at Marshall University has to offer!
Benefits of Membership
- Free access to monthly Tuesday Talks series (2nd Tuesday of each month, 10:30 a.m. – noon) – Non-members pay $10 on-site to attend.
- Members-only section of LLP website with video archive of Tuesday Talks presentations
- Special member pricing for LLP short courses: 3- to 6-week classes on art, history, politics, film, science, and more!
- Discounts on registration fees for all enrichment classes offered through Marshall University’s Center for Continuing Education (excludes Huntington’s Kitchen classes)
- Concierge registration service for auditing MU courses
- Marshall University library services including book checkout and access to select online journals
- Travel to regional attractions of interest
- Access to Lynda learning video library through MUOnline
- Regular updates on university events of interest
- Volunteer opportunities
- And more as you help the program grow!